We are super excited that Hip Little People are offering Finlay Fox readers a 20% discount off all clothing until 22nd November on their website - the perfect excuse to start some Christmas shopping for your little ones if you haven't already! This relatively new website was set up by two cool mamas and has a stylish edit of design led, ethically sourced pieces for hip babies and kids.
We spoke to Lucy and Kelly (pictured above) about their lovely business venture and this is what they had to say:
Finlay Fox: Please tell us a bit about yourselves...
Hip Little People: We are two very good friends who have known each other for a very long time, and we've also worked in the fashion industry together for the last 10 years. We have very similar interests we both love our children but we also love when we get a chance to go have some fun
Finlay Fox: Why buy from Hip Little People?
Hip Little People: You should buy from Hip Little People because we have something for everyone! Cool clothes for little people, great gifts for birthdays and Christmas and lovely Decor with some exclusive little treasures for Hip Little People
Finlay Fox: What new brands are you looking to sell?
Hip Little People: The new brands that we have coming up in the next couple of weeks are Nobodinoz a lovely spanish decor brand with great Tee pees! Fable Heart who make the most beautiful little crowns and Tobias and Bear who make the best unisex leggings.
For next Season we have Tiny Cottons and Gardner and the Gang and for next winter we have Mini Rodini, Little Eleven Paris and Etre Petit!
Finlay Fox: Any plans for a shop?
Hip Little People: We don't have any plans for a shop in the future, with our little ones we simply wouldn't have the time but we are planning a pop up in November in Bristol and hopefully at Christmas. We're also thinking of doing a couple of Christmas markets in London.
Finlay Fox: What's the best thing about being a mama?
Hip Little People: The best thing about being a mum is having a new little partner in crime
Finlay Fox: What are your favourite Hip Little People pieces?
Hip Little People: Lucy's favourite piece on the website has to be the Victoria Toppings prints made exclusively for Hip Little People and House of Wards Pompoms.
Kelly's is the Tootsa Macginty rainbow Jumper, the Beau Loves Sleeveless jumpsuit and a Tiba and Marl Bag, I treated myself too
Finlay Fox: Where do you get inspiration from?
Hip Little People: Our inspiration largely comes from Scandinavian design, laid back beach holidays and street culture, and of course our little people.
Finlay Fox: What's your best gift for a new mama?
Hip Little People: A Tiba and Marl changing bag, the best changing bag around. It's both stylish and very practical
Finlay Fox: Any tips for Christmas shopping?
We have a great gift section, but from personal experience start shopping soon-ish to avoid disappointment and the frantic last minute Christmas panic shop!
To get the 20% off all clothing at Hip Little People please enter 20percentoffallclothing at the checkout (valid until 22nd November).
Here are Finlay Fox's top picks from Hip Little People:
1. Pineapple Print by Victoria Topping, £85 A2 size. Exclusively designed for Hip Little People by Bristol designer Victoria, super cool.
2. Tiger Sweatshirt by Popupshop, £35. Matching trousers also available, roarrrr
3. Cactus Rattle by Julia Staite, £10. Made in the UK, perfect for a newborn
4. Pom Pom Mobile made be Helen Ward, £165. Another exclusive to Hip Little People, perfect in the nursery, also comes in 2 other colours or a cheaper single strand available for £45
6. Baby Leopard Moccasins by Buffalo and Bear, £30. 100% Leather, made in the UK
7. Hell Yeah Sweatshirt by Organic Zoo, £21. Love this brand so much, we've featured it before and nice to see it getting more stockists. Made in 100% organic cotton
8. Baby Striped All in one by Bob and Blossom, £22. They also have some of the lovely Bob and Blossom Tees in stock too
9. Unicorn Print by Victoria Topping, £85 A2 size, made exclusively for Hip Little People, we love a unicorn!