Dressing for pregnancy can be so tricky. I'm currently 5 months pregnant with my second and have been finding it challenging to squeeze into my current wardrobe any longer. My old maternity clothes are worn out - these bump and boobs have their own thing going on, it's time to accommodate them properly!
Here are a few images of mega women looking stylish with their bumps (all images taken from Pinterest, plus more if you click here), I hope they will inspire you, I wish I could look as good as them!
The question is do you go down the fitted bodycon or oversize route? I think both looks are great and its nice to mix it up but the main thing is you don't want to walk away from your normal style. Getting that balance is tricky, the temptation is to go comfy but actually making an effort can make you feel so much better on those days when you feel fat, tired and hormonal! Especially if you're still working, lipstick always works wonders.
Wardrobe essentials are long grey marl and black vests, oversize shirts, a fitted black dress, stripe breton tees and skinny maternity jeans - then all you need to do is layer on the odd jumper and top.
My top maternity finds are at Topshop main range and maternity (casual tops and jeans), Asos maternity and main range (dresses), Cos main range (a massive selection of oversize tops, knitwear and coats), Hatch maternity from US (dresses and fashion pieces but expensive), & Other Stories main range (oversize tops, dresses and shirts), Gap maternity (basic tops), Zara main range (Oversize Shirts and dresses) and Isabella Oliver maternity (dresses and tees).
I have looked at various budgets and looks, here are my current top finds starting with dresses...
1. Stripe Jersey Maternity Dress by Hatch, US$198. Yes a little on the expensive side but such an amazing, easy and comfy dress to invest in. Also comes in Charcoal, Grey marl and Black. This US brand has some inspiring looks, they do ship to the UK. Otherwise Asos have a more affordable relaxed stripe dress here
2. Maternity Tank Dress by Isabella Oliver, £89. Ticking the body con look, this LBD can be dressed up with heels and a jacket for work or drinks or dressed down with trainers and a denim shirt for a cool casual day outfit. Worth the investment as it's so versatile. Topshop and H&M also have similar at cheaper prices
3. Swing Leopard Print Dress by Boden, £59. I own this - it makes such a good maternity dress and so comfy, plus who doesn't love a bit of leopard print!
4. Stripe Maternity Dress by Isabella Oliver, £99. Stripy Bodycon to show off le bump
5. Oversized Shirt Dress by & Other Stories, £65. Good to dress up or down and nicely oversized for bump growth
6. Pleated Jersey Dress by Cos, £69
7. Crochet Dress by Zara £39.99. Zara are still doing some good oversize boho styles that will look nice for winter with tights and boots
10. Midi Pleated Dress by & Other Stories, £65. This would be nice for a Christmas party/ event as loads of room for bump with these pleats and black is always forgiving :)
12. T-Shirt Dress by H&M, £12.99. What a bargain! Comes in black or stripes
1. Black Maternity Cami Top from Topshop, £16. Just bought this and will be useful in the day as styled here but also with a necklace for evening
2. Breton Maternity Tee from Topshop, £22. A classic go with anything tee. They also now offer it in a black stripe
3. White Maternity Shirt from Hatch, US$218. White Shirt and black bottoms - always a smart look
4. Breton Maternity Tee from Hatch, US$158. A bit pricey but nicer details than the Topshop version and possibly more room for growth too
5. Circle Hem Jumper from Cos, £69. Loose and oversized in classic grey
6. Melange A-line Top from Cos, £45. With a nice big panel in the back to grow with you
7. A-line Jersey Top from Cos, £45. Classic Navy in a smarter jersey fabric, good for work
8. White Maternity Shirt from Topshop, £42. Classic with modern oversized pockets
Bottoms and Jackets...
Bottoms and Jackets...
1. Washed Black Skinny Maternity Jeans by Topshop, £40
2. Maternity Jumpsuit by Isabella Oliver, £109. So comfy and nice with heels for a Christmas do
3. Raw Cut Wool Cape by Cos, £135. Easy and oversized in cosy wool and cashmere blend, love the classic camel colour
4. Jersey Cape Jacket by Cos, £125. Lightweight but still padded and really oversized to accommodate bump
5. Stripe Maternity Tube Skirt from Topshop, £24. Low stock now but they also have this in solid black. Comfortable elasticised panel at waist
6. Blue Skinny Maternity Jeans by Topshop, £38. Im a fan of the below bump waist panel but I know a lot of people prefer over the bump in which case check out H&M's denim selection
7. Blue Boyfriend Maternity Jeans by Topshop, £42. Side elastic panels for comfort and growth
9. Reversible Wrap Coat by Whistles, £250. An investment piece but wear open for big bumps and wrap with belt for smaller bumps and post birth. Plus it's reversible so when you get those baby stains you can pop it inside out!