I've posted about nappy bags before but it's so nice to see more new great styles coming onto the market and that the image of nappy bags is well and truly changing for the better. We love the new luxe, utility, non maternity feel of the newer bags coming out.
This post is a taster of relatively new luxury British Baby Change brand, Jem & Bea's second collection. I've been eyeing them up for a while now and it's nice to see what's going to be released for SS16 (from Mid February onwards). The brand was set up by 2 mums - an ex lawyer and ex accessories designer for Anya Hindmarch and Mulberry - after spotting a gap in the market for stylish and practical baby change bags. The company's name comes from two of their children, Jemima and Beatrice. What I love best is that they look like normal smart bags, have great well thought through interiors for mum and baby and are great quality (which justifies the higher price points, £79 - £265 ). These would make great gifts for a new mum and from early Feb you can get the bags monogrammed, a lovely personal touch for mother's day.
The following are my favourite, especially the cool Marlow in camouflage and Farah crossover bag. Most are from the new range but I have also added a couple of their classic styles from AW15 in there too (5 & 6) which are available to buy now:
1. Marlow in Camouflage, £89. From the new range, out mid Feb. I love the casual, pale grey camo print and unisex feel of the bag, it's made of ripstop nylon so easy to care for and wipe clean. Five interior pockets and 4 exterior ones for all the bits. Shoulder straps and a detachable cross strap for different ways to wear
2. Lola in Red, £120. From the new range, out mid Feb. Another ripstop nylon fabric which gives a sports luxe feel but smarter looking than the Marlow. Very spacious so great for sibling up as a weekend or gym bag. Love the bright red colour for Spring but also comes in black for a more minimal look
3. Farah in Black, £115. From the new range, out mid Feb. Made of smooth calf leather and croc effect leather this is more of an 'on the go' type bag. A small cross the body bag with zip compartments it also comes with a travel size luxury padded change mat. Very neat & chic :) Perfect if popping out for lunch with a little one and you don't want to carry too much and blend into the non mummies around you
4. Amber in Grey White, £230. From the new range, out mid Feb. A gorgeous chic bowling bag shape made of soft tumbled calf leather. Comes with a detachable cross body strap which gives more of an off duty look if you like. Also available in black
5. Beatrice in Orange, £199. From the current range. Super roomy in butter soft leather in brilliant bright orange, a great everyday bag
6. Marlow in Navy, £79. From current range. A great unisex style that dads will be happy with! Ripstop nylon, plenty of pockets and polished gold tone hardware
The new range will be available at www.jemandbea.com, various stockists throughout the UK and US and also John Lewis from Mid Feb.
Which one would you pick?