Here at Finlay Fox we are firm believers in getting as much fresh air as possible each and every day. It's good for the soul right (and relieving cabin fever with kids!)? Outdoor activities = better concentration and healthy bodies. Muddy Puddles is built on the proposition that there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong kit! Muddy Puddles have been kitting out young adventurers in durable, practical and protective outerwear for the past 20 years and firmly believe in the benefits of outdoor learning. We like their way of thinking and love their unisex outdoor clothing range for babies and children up to 12 years old. It's the perfect kit for festivals, staycations, camping and rainy school runs. They kindly sent us a Muddy Mac to try out.
We were really impressed by the quality - it had a lovely soft stripy cotton towelling lining, reflective strips and logo for high visibility, it feels lightweight, is 100% waterproof and looks good too! The price is really reasonable at £35 as well. It was a little big for Finn so we rolled up the sleeves but at least it will last, he seems to outgrow everything so fast these days. We tested it out on a typical miserable summers morning in the garden...
We also love the good charity work this brand does. The company is run by former teacher and philanthropist Natasha Ascott (also a mum of three children under 7), who believes she should 'give back' to the community through the business. She visits a centre for refugees in London once a month and hands out free clothing to the families. They also run free outdoor activities for families in three UK cities, four times a year. They work with Michael Morpugo's charity Farms for City Children by providing free clothing for the kids who visit their farms. Keep up the good work Muddy Puddles!
We have picked out a few of our favourite pieces from their current range...
1. Puddle Pac-a-Mac, £20. 18 months - 12 yrs. A bestseller that neatly folds into the jacket pocket. Fully waterproof and perfect for camping and festivals. We love this ripple print but also comes in plain colours and other prints
2. Puddle Pac-an all-in-one, £25. 0 - 3 yrs. Rolls up into a pocket. Handy to keep in your bag for those rainy park days when your little one just wants to splash and get (you) soaked
3. Puddle Stomper Wellies, £20. Come in plain and print
4. Puddle Fleece Jacket, £40. 2 - 12 yrs. Lined in cosy micro fleece, a good one for cooler days
5. Muddy Mac, £35. 18 months - 12 yrs. A classic, this is what Finn is wearing but his is in red
6. Puddle Pac-a-Trouser, £15. 18 months - 12 yrs. Handy on those wet and muddy serious puddle splashing days