Have you got any nice Christmas events coming up? I've done an edit of my favourite mama party clothes and accessories around at the moment. I love all the velvet, constellation prints, shimmer, sequins, metallics, faux fur, glitter stripes and strong colours like red and mustard. Team glittery boots with jeans and a nice top or go the full hog and wear a dress, earrings and heels! I've tried to pick some styles that are versatile and not just for evening wear so you can really max the cost per wear out of them. I like to put anything too strappy over a tee or black polo neck as I never seem to have the right bra for strappy clothes! Don't be put off by younger strappier styles - also putting a blazer or skinny scarf with them makes them more grown up.
Click the links below to shop. These ranges always sell out fast as they have such a short selling period so apologies in advance if anything is already gone!
Main Image at Top: Velvet Sequin High Neck Dress by Warehouse, £59
1. Virginia Blouse by Boden, £170. I've always loved blouses with a black bow, not sure why just think they look cool! This shade of yellow is perfect
2. Rainbow Metallic Stripe Dress by Warehouse, £59. Made for dancing
3. Constellation Print Jumpsuit by Whistles, £179. Purchased recently in the sale I knew I had to have this as I am a massive jumpsuit fan and this cut is very flattering, true to size
4. Christmas Jewelled Jumper from Topshop, £59
5. Claire Luxe Faux Fur Coat from Topshop, £79. I've tried this on and it's a really good faux fur coat, highly recommend! I also love the Velvet Starry Jumpsuit she wears underneath, see here but I would wear a top underneath it as very strappy!
6. Jessica Skirt by Olivia Rubin, £150. As seen on Pascale (Style Mum) the combination of red and tiers is glam to the max
7. Nicola Velvet Tee by Boden, £90 Pretty velvet ruffle loveliness - dress up with a skirt or down with jeans
8. Jerry Maxi Shimmer Pink Dress by Onjenu, £109. Onjenu make super flattering shapes and I'm obsessed with this zig zag shimmer fabric - it comes in a whole load of other styles too
9. Glitter Jumpsuit by Hush, £75. Super comfy and oversized but do size down if you like the look of this one. As spotted on Fran from The Fashion Lift, I've been looking for a sparkly jumpsuit for ages and this fits the bill perfectly!
10. Glitter Rainbow Pleat Midi Skirt from Topshop, £34. I own this and love it but note the lining is very short in it which is a bit annoying. It sold out but looks like it's back in stock. I've worn it with chunky knits, a grey tee, trainers and heeled boots so super versatile and always get lots of comments on it dressed up or down
11. Renata Jumper by Boden, £70. I have last seasons version of this sparkle knit and can confirm this is a very useful style - wear under dungarees to make them feel more party or festive or wear with a full or pleated skirt. There is also a gold Breton version that is lovely too
12. Velvet A-line Maxi Dress from M&S, £59. This has just come back into stock but its going quick!! Love this with a chunky belt, I have seen it on someone in real life and it looks amazing!!
1. Love Box Clutch Bag by M&S, £45. Also comes in a star print
2. Dragon Boots from Hush, £159. Glittery footwear without too much heel height = my kind of party boot!
3. Glitter Pumps by & Other Stories, £99. The perfect block heel and pointy toe shape, sparkly perfection
4. Star Ankle Boots from & Other Stories, £145. Glitter heel and silver stars combo make these proper party statement boots.
5. Skinny Star Silk Scarf from Hush, £45
6. Rouble Multi Gem Sandals from Topshop, £59
7. Federica Flats by Boden, £90. Velvet flats perfection that also come in black and teal
8. Shard Studs by Wolf & Moon, £10. Party earrings to go with the glitter
9. Catherine Mid Heels by Boden, £110. I am a fan of an ankle strap...and a round toe..and a glitter heel...
10. Rhinestone Waist Belt from & Other Stories, £39. The perfect belt to jazz up any dress or outfit