It's that time of year again when holidays are on the cards and the thought of exposing your mum body on the beach or by the pool is a particurarly scary thought. All I can say is EMBRACE YOUR BIKINI BODY!! I'm a mum of two and I have curves and a jelly belly tummy that isn't going anywhere. I finally feel good about my body and don't care what anyone thinks! I've spent the last year doing some gentle but regular jogging and pilates and I feel so much happier in myself. I am strong, not skinny and proud to say it. There are so many colourful and fun printed bikinis and swimsuits around at the moment that I want to share, to get you excited about the prospect of your holiday bod. I blogged about my post baby body last year here and a year on I've lost a little bit of weight (mostly from running around after 2 kids) but am still that bit 'wobbly around the edges'. Never toned, I decided bikinis are still for me and always more flattering with a bit of a tan once you've overcome the first few days of pale British skin (not that Im condoning a tan :) ). But if you're more of a swimsuit person that's cool too. I've done a round of up my faves on both which I hope you'll like too. I have bought swimwear in my previous life as a fashion buyer so I really enjoyed doing this blog post and researching some gorgeous swim ranges.
I like bright colours, leopard print, stripes and florals - you'll feel fun and fabulous I promise! Bandeau shapes are good for no strap marks and even with a bust don't be afraid of a string bikini. The Boden ones are great as they do have some padding and support in them. Good places for swim include J Crew, M&S, Anthropologie, Next, Coco Bay and Boden.
The best pieces of swimwear always sell out fast as they often don't repeat it due to the short season so my advice is get in there quick - even if you're not holidaying until August!
Click the links below to shop x
1. Salerno Bikini by Boden, £65 This is really similar to the green one I had from Boden last year and gives that lovely crochet trim effect thats so on trend right now. They also have it in black which is lovely if you want something a little more classic
2. Leopard Print Bikini by Topshop, £34. Love the high waist pants on this style, really fun in blue leopard
3. Stripe Swimsuit from Net A Porter, £150. I love the stripe colour combo and think it would slim your frame
4. Bandeau Bikini from J Crew, £37. This is prob the closest I've found to what Im wearing in the pic at the top (which was last years Boden)
5. Liberty Print Bikini from J Crew, £70. Pretty pretty pretty
6. Animal Print Bikini by Mads Norgaard from Hub, £70
7. Stripy Sting Bikini by & Other Stories, £34. You can't go wrong with classic stripes, tres chic
8. Scalloped Halter Swimsuit by Anthropologie, £88. In love with this retro style! Anthropologie have a great range this season
9. Metallic String Bikini by Boden, £50. This is the best string bikini I've found. I have it still from last year and it has lovely padding in it so you don't feel too exposed or loose! Loving this years update in this 'shiny titanium' colour :)
10. Jungle Kitty Swimsuit by & Other Stories, £35. Super fun 80's style
11. Animal Print Swimsuit by Mango, £35.99
12. Twisted Bandeau Bikini Set by Anthropologie, £116. The colours are gorgeous and would look lovely with a tan!