With rapidly growing kids and a new season upon us it's time to purchase a few new bits for their Autumn/ Winter wardrobes. Honestly, they have a better wardrobe than me these days! Olive Loves Alfie is my go to independent store for the best pick of unisex, unique brands and fun clothes for kids. I've done a little edit of what I love for Finn and Violet...some of which may have been purchased already! There are lots of exciting brands being stocked this season including Apolina, Knit Planet, Tuchinda, Miszkomaszko and Knast by Krutter along with some of the old favourites such as Tootsa, Mini Rodini and Bobo Choses.
Bottoms for boys can be hard to find without going back to the usual denim jeans or tracksuit bottoms. I always buy the Beau Loves bottoms as they are such a good comfortable fit but I've also fallen for these Bobo Choses Baggy chino trouser (above and below), the fabric is so nice and I love the vintage washed out mustard colour. Mini Rodini's sausage dog print is one of my favourites and the Parka coat is going to be the perfect winter coat for him. Jumpers and Knits from Bobo Choses, Knit Planet and Beau Loves are always nice quality and a generous fit so they last a long time, good investment pieces. Boots by Bobux and cosy hats from 80's skiwear brand Barts in nordic knits hit the spot!
Top Boys Picks...
1. Newfoundland Lumberjack Jacket, Tootsa MacGinty, £60
2. Long Sleeve Dog Tee, Mini Rodini, £29
3. Dear World Sweatshirt, Bobo Choses, £50
4. Baggy Trousers Flocks, Bobo Choses, £56.15
5. Log Cabin Beanie, Barts, £22.99
6. Navy Dog Sweatshirt, Mini Rodini, £38
7. I-Walk Scoot Navy Boots, Bobux, £48
8. Intarsia Jumper Morning Sea, Bobo Choses £82.90
9. Velo Pants Slate Grey, Beau Loves, £32
10. Mystere Relaxed Fit Sweater, Beau Loves, £38
11. K2 Navy Dog Parka, Mini Rodini, £153
12. Sky Jumper Blue, Knit Planet, £48
Wow the girls styles around at the moment are AMAZING! I feel so lucky to have a girl to dress but it is a worry at how many tempting things there are... This season we have invested in this Cashmere mix (but still machine washable) Tiger Cape by The Bonnie Mob, we bought it in 2-4 years size so it should last a long time, perfect as transitional coat or just as a top. Embroidered dresses from Apolina and Tuchinda for some folky playfulness and Bobo Choses Dear World range is amazing! Bobux shoes and Mini Rodini outerwear - those blue bow tied bunnies!
My Top Girls Picks...
1. Pattie Dress Navy Tawny, Apolina, £66
2. Peach Ruffle Raincoat, Gosoaky, £75
3. Kid+ Ranch Toffee boots, Bobux, £52
4. Fox Family Collar Tee, Mini Rodini, £33
5. Reversible Rabbit Jacket, Mini Rodini, £105
6. Joni Baby Bonnet Icelandic Blue, Apolina, £28
7. Lavendar Rabbit Kaja Dress, Knast by Krutter, £37.50
8. Titan Tiger Stripe Jacquard Cape, Bonnie Mob, £44.50
9. Peony Headband, Barts, £19.99
10. Ruffles Knitted Jumper, Bobo Choses, £68
11. Baby Princess Tide Dress, Bobo Choses, £50.95
12. Step Up Reign Shoes, Bobux, £35