When you become a parent it's nice to have a good source for somewhere to buy affordable toys and gifts for all those important dates and milestones. Be it Christmas presents, stocking fillers, fancy dress, goody bags, pocket money and birthday parties - we always need those 'little' gifts. I'm starting to realise having a present drawer (did your mum ever have one?) stocked up is really useful for those last minute moments that seem to be becoming a regular occurrence...
Finding unique, well designed and affordable gifts can be a bit of a task and I do always like to try and support independent where I can over Supermarkets and Amazon, or at the very least mix it up. So it's nice to discover Toyhood Store where most of their toys and gifts are under £10. I love anything kitsch, colourful and nostalgic, you can never have enough! I much prefer buying these types of gifts as they always bring back memories from my own childhood. Once you check out their website you will see endless gift ideas that catch your eye, loads of inspiration for parties and pressies. I find filling a vintage letterpress drawer or a house shelf with lots of little pieces is a really nice way to make a feature in a kids room, also a good way to keep it looking a bit tidier!
Toyhood Store also have their very own range called Peppy Chow which is very much inspired by Kawaii and Japanese/Korean stationary and toys. We love these little Vintage Doll cushions which are a bargain at £3.99 each!
I had fun picking my top picks from their website, all of which are under £10 and online now. They don't buy loads of stock but they do regularly update the site with all the lovely new things they keep finding from a host of mostly small UK and European brands. You can also sign up to their weekly newsletter to get 10% off your first order and there is free delivery over £40 too.
Main Image at top: Glittery Glasses, £6. Pick from 5 colours, the perfect dressing up accessory
1. Safari Animal Carved Wood Pencil, £3.50 each. Pick from a Bear, Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra or Giraffe. These would be the perfect goody bag filler for an animal themed kids party!
2. Woven Basket, £6 each. The perfect little carry basket for playing shop or collecting trinkets in, lined in a retro gingham fabric
3. Farmyard Stamp Set, £9.99. Four shaped wooden stamps illustrated by Alain Gree. Stamp away and create some cute farmyard scenes
4. Kimono Doll Lip Balm, £2.00 each. Love these all lined up, the perfect bedroom ornament! But you can also make your lips smell fruity too :)
5. VW Classic Beetle Pull Back Car, £6.99 each. Love the pastel colours, a complete classic to play with
6. Personalised Cloth Party Bag, £2.99. We love this as a more eco friendly alternative to a plastic party bag - a cotton bag with a name stencilled on - fill with little treats for the ultimate goody bag
7. Charlie The Sausage Dog Wooden Pull Toy, £9.95. My kids are obsessed with sausage dogs, this is the perfect low maintenance family pet!
8. Inflatable Toys, £9 each. Designed by Czech toy designer Libuše Niklová in the 1970’s and reissued by Fatra, I love the bold and bright design, each one has a bell inside that rings. Pick from a Little Sun, Kitty or Doggie
9. Sweet! Scratch & Sniff Stickers, £2.00 each. Perfect party bag gifts. 50 stickers in each, pick from chocolate, pizza, grape, banana, bubblegum and strawberry scents.
10. Fox Wobble Toy, £8.50. A fun wobble toy that I've picked for obvious foxy reasons! This will be in Finn's stocking at Christmas!
11. Bambi Ring, £3.50 each. Pick from 3 colours, who doesn't love a bit of Bambi bling?!
12. Super Fighter Mask, £6.95. Perfect for any superhero parties or just a dressing up essential to own
This post was sponsored by Toyhood Store but please note all opinions expressed are my own.