We've been going bananas for all the tropical vibes happening in kids swimwear this season! Bold colour stripes and retro detailing are also catching our eye - love the spots, ruffle necks, skirted swimsuits and surf sets. Now we just need the weather to improve again and the local paddling pool in Clissold Park to open. I've tried to include a mix of indie and high street brands across a variety of price points in my edit below. If you are going away for half term (it'll be here before we know it!) then make sure you've got some cool swimmers sorted.
Here are my top swim picks for kids this spring/ summer, click the pics and links to shop.
1. Hero Swim Top by Beau Loves at Olive Loves Alfie, £32
Be a superhero in this unisex stripy green rash vest, they also do a swimsuit version too.
2. Mexican Skull Swimmers by Sunuva, £39
Sunuva do make excellent quality swimwear. I went to their press day last year and they have a strong selection of styles all made from the highest quality UPF 50+ fabric which blocks out more than 97% of the sun’s harmful rays. These colourful Mexican skulls are super fun.
3. Grid Swimsuit by Tinycottons from Alex and Alexa, £52
Is it wrong that I would like this in my size? I just love the grid print back with the red colour pop, retro perfection :)
4. Floral Sunsafe Set by Marks & Spencer, £18 - £22
These M&S sun sets are the go to for not having to worry as much about your little ones playing in the sun (always remember to wear suncream and stay out of the sun between 11am and 2pm of course!)
5. Banana Swim Overalls by Bobo Choses from Alex and Alexa, £40
Playful bananas with a zip front for easy dressing.
6. Bird Print Woven Swimshorts by Marks & Spencer, £9 - £12
Tropical fun - just add a nice beach :)
7. Draco Swim Shorts by Mini Rodini at Olive Loves Alfie, £39
Made from recycled polyester, we also love the pink and green combo, perfect for holiday
8. Nika Safari Swimsuit by Molo at Olive Loves Alfie, £39.95
I think Molo make really good swimwear and Violet lived in her toucan Molo swimsuit last summer - I love the safari print they have done for their new collection
9. Leopard Print Sunsafe Set from Next, £17
For all you leopard print lovers!
10. Navy Dot Swimsuit by Mini Rodini from Alex and Alexa, £49
Retro spots in a more unusual shape, also comes in a leopard print
11. Leaf Print Bermuda Swim Shorts from Zara, £12.99
I'm wandering when we will be sick of palm prints but for now I think they look pretty good on these boys swim shorts!
12. Banana Sunsafe Set by Indikidual from Alex and Alexa, £36
More banana fun times in this cute set from indie unisex brand Indikidual