More Christmas preparation - this time stocking fillers! I feel this year will be the first time Finn will understand and get excited by a properly packed stocking filled with small wrapped gifts from Santa. There are some great ideas out there and I really want to support independent shops and websites this year so here is my unisex stocking filler edit.
Top ideas for stocking fillers include:
- Books - Scout & Co have a great selection that I always go to, as well as Little Goldie and The Kid Who
- Small Toys/teddies - Noodoll ones are the best but Jane Foster, Sketch Inc and Julia Staite are also high recommended
- Pyjamas - The Bright Company and PJ Mamma have a lovely selection
- Fancy Dress or novelty hats/ masks - Try Couverture & the Garb store - the Bibib & Co ones look amazing, as do the 'design your own bird wings' kit. Try Made by Skoo for brilliant handmade crowns
- Slippers - Nununu and Inch Blue Moccasins are always good
- Stickers/ Tattoos - Tattyoo have the best selection of temporary tattoos
- Cups, mugs and cooking bits - Try Wee Gallery, Buddy & Bear and Ingela Arrhenius
- Notebooks and Crayons/ colouring - Try Kitpas and Playon Crayon Stacking crayons
1. Ice Lolly Bath Sponge from Retro Kids, £3.95. Bath time fun
2. Wooden Gorilla Toy by T-Lab from Couverture & the Garb Store, £12. Hand carved in Indonesia and handpainted in Japan. They also do a rabbit, camel, donkey, giraffe, anteater & bambi. We love the soft colours and tactile wood, we want them all!
3. Pear Nightlights by A Little Lovely Company from This Modern Life, £8 each. They also have some larger Pineapple lights (which I would like for myself!)
5. Red Fox Mini Mug by Jane Foster, £8.50. They also do a matching tumbler. Other animals include a walrus, panda and lion. We love textile designer and illustrator Jane Foster and her Scandinavian 50's/ 60's influenced designs
6. Wonder Tail by Mr. Tail from Couverture & the Garb Store, £35. Hours of entertainment, who doesn't love a novelty tail!
7. Kids cosy mittens by Donna Wilson, £24. 2 - 5 yrs. 100% lambswool, knitted in Scotland
8. Grafitti Biscuit Baking Kit by BKD, £19.99. Bake and graffiti your own chocolate biscuits! We love this company for their brilliant baking kits for little ones. All natural flavourings and each kit comes with all you need to get your little one involved in cooking and making a fun set of biscuits. They also do Monster or Pirate cupcakes, Unicorn or Gingerbread biscuits.
9. Noodoll Notebook from Scout & Co., £2.50. We love this grey monster with his cookie. You can never have enough doodle books around with little ones, stock up on a few. Also check out the Noodoll teddies range, you won't be able to decide which one you like the best.
10. Arctic Hare Softie by Julia Staite, £14. You can also get an Arctic Fox, Moose, Penguin, Wolf, or Polar Bear. All hand made by this brilliant British brand
11. Cubebot from Scout & Co. £9.50. Brilliant little moveable robots made of beechwood - try and get them back into a cube, fun for both kids and adults and we love the different colours to collect
12. Bath colour crayons and sponge by Kitpas from Scout & Co. £18. Comes with a net bag and suction pads to attach to the bath and the crayons float!