Finn and I were lucky enough to go along to the launch party of The Mini Edit the other week. It's a new online store that strives to deliver the best in contemporary kids fashion, toys and gifting.
It was a great afternoon, helped by hip mamas and their little ones from the Mothers Meeting crowd, Fun DMC on kids entertainment (daytime hip hop for kids!) and amazing real fruit whippy ice cream by Scoopsydaisy. It was really nice to meet some other mamas and babies and hear about some great brands and blogs.
The brands on offer are fairly premium (Stella McCartney, Little Marc Jacobs featured heavily) but they had some fab accessories (especially shoes) and wooden gifts. A good website site to encourage grandparents and friends to buy from for birthdays and new babies. I'm not sure my bank balance is going to be making many purchases from here, having said that there are some more affordable bits.
Favourites were the donut necklace and silver bunny shoes by Mini Parikka (although at a whopping £90!). Not sure Finn could carry these off though. Here is my mini edit of our favourites that are currently on the website.
1. Donut Necklace - by Pop Cutie. They also have burgers, cupcakes and macaroons. £12
2. Wooden Tool Set - by Fanny & Alexander. Finn picked this up as soon as he 'saw' it. Stylish playset at its best. £50
3. Mask Sleeping Bag - by Anatology. LOVE the bold and alternative designs to the usual Gro bag type kiddie motifs on these baby Anatology sleeping bags. At £70 it really is a mega treat but your little one will stand out thats for sure! They also have Pink feathers, pandas and flamingos...
4. Dreamer Tee - by Someday Soon. In the words of John Lennon - Guess what to says on the back? £25
5. Silver Bunny Booties - by Mini Parka. Wow, I spotted these as soon as we walked into the launch but double wow look at the price! £90 eek! Point your mega rich friends in this direction please!
6. Leopard Blanket - by Atelier Child. Cashmere and Wool. This would make a great newborn baby present for the stylish mamas out there. £120
They are going to stock Tiba and Marl bags which I can't wait for. I also spotted some great new Mini Rodini (a bat print all in one) and the new Bright Company PJ's (top of my wish list!) which aren't on the site yet but I'm sure will feature in the coming months.