August! You are going too fast and what happened to summer? We are still dreaming of those final sunny days, floaty boho tops and dresses, sandy toes on the beach and sun kissed golden skin. The reality is really rain, splashing puddles in wellies, jackets and the occasional dodgy sunburn.
The temptation of the new season kids and mama clothing ranges coming into stores is everywhere - do you pick up a summer bargain in the sale or start to invest in some new Autumn pieces? Here are some of my favourite finds at the moment. What have you been buying?
1. Kids 'Sushi T-Shirt' by Whistle and Flute, US$33. 6 months - 10 years. I am obsessed with this brand (famous for their Cloud and Je T'aime printed clothes), they make the best unisex T-shirts and jumpers and this Sushi tee, part of the new range, I am about to order for Finn. A little pricey but you will get so many compliments and they wash really well.
2. Mama 'Rose Gold Arizona Birkenstocks' from Office, £54.95. Such a great mum shoe with a touch of metallic glamour, great with a tan (if you're lucky enough to have one!) Not many sizes left unfortunately, they also do silver...
3. Mama 'Kaftan Dress' from Zara, £39.99. Dreaming of Ibiza and floating around in this cotton hippy boho number....
4. Oak 'Face Wall Hook' by Sketch Inc from Mench Living, £15. Hooks and knobs in nursery and kids rooms are great for hanging photos and clothes from (although you won't want to cover up this cute little guy), they are having a real moment in home fashion at the moment. This one is made from a a single piece of solid oak, made in the UK and is from fab Scandinavian inspired homewares website Mench Living.
5. Mama 'Denim Dress' by Zara, £35.99. Zara does really great dresses. With both a dungaree and pinafore feel I want to wear this over a stripy tee please.
6. Kids 'Pineapple Tee' by Runaway designs, £14.95. 3 months - 4 years. Who doesn't love a gold pineapple? This hand screen printed unisex tee design is by Tamsin Arrowsmith-Brown, from Runaway Design Collective. This company has been set up by two hip mamas based in East London and they work with artists to create some really unique designs on clothing, please check them out and support local and independent brands like these!
7. Mama 'Watercolour print pleat Dress' by & Other Stories, £65.Summer wedding written all over this and pleats to hide those lumps and bumps.
8. Set of two 'Kids skeleton mugs' from Couverture, £16. More mug loveliness for kids. We dig anything Mexican here at Finlay Fox so these jumped right out at us. Also this is such a good website for kids, home and adult finds, highly recommend a browse
9. Mama 'Embroidered Jacket' by Zara, £49.99. Can be worn as a top or as a light summer jacket. Also a great maternity top if you have a summer bump to deal with :)
10. Kids 'Knit Cat Hoodie' by Oeuf from Scout & Co, £109. 12 months - 2 years. Yes a little on the pricey side but how adorable is this hand knitted baby Alpaca hoodie? They also have a Rabbit, Sheep and Bambi. From super NY brand Oeuf, they have a more affordable hat version at £40 as well, sold on Scout & Co.
11. Kids and Mama 'Slim Jym PJs' by The Bright Company, £28, 6 months - 9 years, £45 sz 8 - 16. Twining is winning in these Pyjamas now in exclusive Sarah Dyer illustrations. This British sleepwear brand create the best unisex Pyjamas and we love the fact you can now match to your little ones.
12. Mama 'Gold Espadrille Sandals' by ASOS, £15. For the last days of summer.