So it's nearly here - Finn starts school next month (why does September always suddenly turn up so quickly?!) and I finally get to experience those first day at school nerves for him and the whole end of summer/ back to school feelings. So I thought I would do my first ever blog post about back to school and what to think about buying for those first terms.
Following the lengthy letter of settling in and other important dates from Finn's school, I shortly realised a monthly wall calendar for myself is going to be pretty important in order to keep on track of it all. I love the simplicity of this Design Letters one and that it has 4 columns so you could use it for school, family and work dates if need be. Next up was school uniform and school shoes. Marks & Spencer is my high street retailer of choice for school uniform as I think they have the best value for money and good quality from what I have seen so far. For shoes, finding that all important black shoe that isn't too scary and hideous can be a challenge but Bobux, Doc Martens, Kickers and M&S seem to have the nicer ranges and would be my go to choices. Luckily Finn doesn't have to wear a smart black shoe but the below are what I would be looking at if he did.
Bags, pencil cases, water bottles and lunch boxes are also a nice treat to make the whole experience more exciting and I love Herschel, Design Letters, Goodordering, Cath Kidston and Tiger for these. Then there is the all important task of naming everything - I discovered Stamptastic, a simple ink pad and personalised stamp which can be used to print your little ones name on fabric, wood, metal and some plastics - genius. Super quick and easy and no time spent sewing labels into clothes, phew. I have them for both Finn and Violet and enjoy stamping their little names onto everything!
Here are my top 12 school picks, click the links below to shop... If you have a little one starting or returning to school soon then good luck! I'm sure after the long summer holiday it will be nice to get back to the old/new routine :) x
Main image at top: Satchels by Goodordering from Olive Loves Alfie, £35
2. Personalised Name Stamp and Ink Pad by Stamptastic, £10 for name stamp and £12 for ink pad. Stamp everything!
3. Letter Water Drinking Bottle by Design Letters from This Modern Life, £10. Pick your initial. Love the vintage styling.
4. Silver Reflective Lunchbox by Herschel from Olive Loves Alfie, £45
5. Kid+ Class Black Shoes by Bobux from Olive Loves Alfie, £49
8. Sticks & Stones Pencil Case by Herschel from Olive Loves Alfie, £18
9. Monthly Planner by Design Letters from Olive Loves Alfie, £6.50
10. Kid+ Mary Jane Shoes by Bobux from Olive Loves Alfie, £49
12. Lego Lunchbox with handle from A Place For Everything, £10.80